Yeah! With Ontario in Stage 3 of its COVID-19 recovery plan we’ll be getting our paddles wet again. We plan on paddling, weather permitting, every Thursday until well into September to make up for lost time.
- Things will be a little different. We will still have the electronic RSVP system in place . This is for insurance purposes and now for the health department if needed.
- No car pooling unless you are from the same household or social bubble.
- We are starting earlier, and finishing earlier. We will do staggered entries and exits into the water to maintain our social distancing.
- Please bring a mask with you, although I don’t expect we’ll need to use them. We will all continue to practice social distancing. Despite the new rules, we will have fun.
- You can email our conveners at…
We’ll update this with the weekly locations as we plan them…
- Jul 30 – Powassan Hydro Pond – Purdon Line
- Aug 6 – Stepping Stones – Macpherson Dr.
- Aug 13 – Four Mile Lake – Four Mile Lake Rd to Hurtubise Rd.
- Aug 20 – Stepping Stones – Macpherson Dr. – CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER 🙁
- Aug 27 – Commanda Lake – boat launch on Commanda Lake Rd.
- Sep 3 – Stepping Stones – Macpherson Dr. (we made it to the dam!)
- Sep 10 – Eagle Lake from the Narrows
- Sep 17 – Lake Nosbonsing
- Sep 24 – Restoule Provincial Park
- we’ll hike the Fire Tower Trail in the morning, have our lunch, then paddle in the afternoon
- bring your lunch and a lawnchair
- R.S.V.P. to Barb by Wednesday
- Future – the South River from Chapman’s Landing?