We’ve put the paddles away for the summer and will be hiking every Thursday until we can start snowshoeing.
- Westill have the email RSVP system in place. This is for insurance purposes and for COVID-19 contact tracking.
- No car pooling unless you are from the same household or social bubble.
- Please bring a mask with you. We will all continue to practice social distancing. Despite the new rules, we will have fun.
- You can email our conveners at…
We’ll update this with the weekly locations as we plan them…
- Oct 8 – Eau Claire Gorge and Samuel de Champlain Provincial Park – what a perfect day!
- Oct 15 – cancelled
- Oct 22 – Powassan Mountain Conservation Area
- Oct 29 – we hiked the ski trails at the Education Centre, thank you Ursula and Mariann
- Nov 5 – we hiked on the Red trail at Nordic
- Nov 12 – we hiked the park roads at Samuel De Champlain Provincial Park
- Nov 19 – we hiked from Kinsmen Beach to Lee Park
- Nov 26 – we will be hiking some of the trails at the Education Centre
- meet at the end of parking lot #9
- the hike starts at 10:00 a.m.
- please email Barb by or on Wed. Nov. 25th if you plan to hike on the 26th
- bring your lawn chair, thermos etc. for an after-the-hike chat time
Consider joining one of the PROBUS walks that are held 3 days each week. It’s important that we continue to get outside and connect with others.
Since fall is hunting season, we will be meeting in locations where hunting is not allowed – hence the provincial parks and conservation areas.
PLEASE NOTE, WE HAVE PADDLED IN RAIN BUT WE WILL NOT HIKE IN THE RAIN. IF THE WEATHER FORECAST IS QUESTIONABLE PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL EARLY THURSDAY A.M. IN CASE THE HIKE IS CANCELLED.