We’ve put the paddles away for the summer and will be hiking every Thursday until we can start snowshoeing.
- We will still have the email RSVP system in place. This is for insurance purposes and for COVID-19 contact tracking.
- No car pooling unless you are from the same household or social bubble.
- Please bring a mask with you. We will all continue to practice social distancing. Despite the new rules, we will have fun.
- You can email our conveners at…
We’ll update this with the weekly locations as we plan them…
- Oct 8 – Eau Claire Gorge and Samuel de Champlain Provincial Park – what a perfect day!
- Oct 15 – cancelled
- Oct 22 – Powassan Mountain Conservation Area
- Directions: Take exit 316 for Clark Street/HWY 534. Turn right at Clark Street, and right on Main Street. Turn left at Memorial Park Drive East, right at Big Ben Avenue, and left at Catherine Avenue, where you should see the trail sign along the road. The trails are behind Eastholme nursing home. There is an area where we can park.
- Bring your lawn chair and your lunch if you wish and after the hike we can sit in the parking area after the hike to soclize from a distance. Last week we were lucky enough to eat at a beach overlooking a small lake after our first hike. This coming week, we may be eating in the parking lot.
- Don’t forget your masks for pre and after hike time.
- Please email Barb by Wed. Oct 21 if you plan to come on this hike.
- Oct 29 – to be determined
Since fall is hunting season, we will be meeting in locations where hunting is not allowed – hence the provincial parks and conservation areas.
PLEASE NOTE, WE HAVE PADDLED IN RAIN BUT WE WILL NOT HIKE IN THE RAIN. IF THE WEATHER FORECAST IS QUESTIONABLE PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL EARLY THURSDAY A.M. IN CASE THE HIKE IS CANCELLED.